There is currently a vacancy on Whitwell Parish Council and having been through the prescribed procedure, no election has been requested.
The vacancy will therefore be filled by the co-option process at a meeting of the Parish Council on 11 March 2020.
Section 79(1) of the Local Government Act 1972 provides that, unless disqualified, a person is qualified to be co-opted as a local Councillor if they are over 18, a qualifying Commonwealth citizen or a Euro national on the day of their selection and he/she:
- on that day is and thereafter continues to be a local government elector for the area of the authority; or
- has during the whole of the twelve months preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in that area; or
- has during the whole of those twelve months resided in that area; or
- has during the whole of those twelve months resided either in the parish or community or within three miles (4.8 kilometers) of it; or
- his/her principal or only place of work during that twelve months has been in that area.
Additional information is available by Contacting the Clerk on the above number/email address or by calling in person at the Parish Council Office at the above address.
Written expressions of interest from persons wishing to serve as a councillor need to be submitted to the Clerk of the council within 14 days of the date of this notice BY NO LATER THAN – NOON on Thursday 27 February 2020. The Clerk will forward an application form for completion and verify your eligibility for co-option before it is considered by the Council.
Signed: N Woolley Date: 13 February 2020
Mrs Norma Woolley (Parish Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer)
WHITWELL PARISH COUNCIL