Active Derbyshire – Funding News
You have probably already noticed, but if not we are now no longer called Derbyshire Sport. Our new name is Active Derbyshire.
However, the Funding News<https://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/funding-news> email remains the same. Here is the first one for November.
1) Remember, Remember National Lottery’s Awards for All funding this November!<https://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/news/2017/11/remember-remember-the-national-lotterys-awards-for-all-funding-this-november> I thought it would be worth looking at what sort of thing Award for All have been funding, since they recently revamped this funding programme. The good news is that lots of sports clubs have received funding. This article contains a sample of what is possible.
2) The deadline for applications to High Peak CVS’s 5 Ways to Wellbeing fund is 13th November<https://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/news/2017/11/the-deadline-for-applications-to-high-peak-cvss-5-ways-to-wellbeing-is-november-13th-2017> This fund closes soon, but if yours is a small organisation looking for up to £2K to help fund a project in the High Peak which addresses the ‘5 ways to wellbeing’; particularly for people with a higher risk of experiencing mental health and wellbeing problems, then have a look at this quick!
3) 5 Ways to Wellbeing funding for North East Derbyshire, Chesterfield and Bolsover – deadline 30th November<https://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/news/2017/11/5-ways-to-wellbeing-funding-or-north-east-derbyshire-chesterfield-and-bolsover—deadline-30th-november>. This fund is similar to the one above, but has a different deadline, covers a different area and provides grants up to £1.5K.
4) Foundation Derbyshire November Funding Surgery and Workshop<https://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/news/2017/11/foundation-derbyshire-november-funding-surgery-and-workshop>. They have a couple of events during November. One in South Derbyshire and one in Erewash. Booking is essential.
5) Funding for Disability Tennis Wheelchairs and Equipment – the next closing date is 13th December<https://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/news/2017/11/funding-for-disability-tennis-wheelchairs-and-equipment–13th-december-2017>. This fund is through the Dan Maskell Tennis Trust.
6) B&Q Community Re-Use Scheme for Schools and Community Groups<https://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/news/2017/11/bandq-community-re-use-scheme-for-schools-and-community-groups>. This scheme is to encourage use of materials B&Q can’t sell.
7) Funding for activity prostheses for children<https://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/news/2017/11/funding-for-activity-prostheses-for-children>. The Department of Health is now fully funding sports and activity prostheses for children.
8) Local club benefits from Community Leadership Scheme<https://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/news/2017/11/local-club-benefits-from-community-leadership-scheme> The Derbyshire County Councillors are each allocated a small pot of funding which provides members with a way to support projects within their division. This news items details how a club has benefited from the fund.
9) Funding for Projects that Support Disadvantaged Young People. Smaller charities and Special Needs Schools in the UK can apply to the St James’s Place Charitable Foundation small grants programme for awards of up to £10,000.
10) Henry Smith Charity – Improving Lives Grant Programme<https://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/news/2017/11/henry-smith-charity–improving-lives-grant-programme>. This fund provides grants of between £20,000 and £60,000 per year for up to three years to charitable organisations that help people when other sources of support have failed, are inappropriate, or are simply not available. The fund has a number of priorities. One example is Employment and training with outcomes which include people who have engaged in training to reach their personal potential to work or volunteer.
11) Funding for Projects that Support the Education and Development of Children and Young People<https://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/news/2017/11/funding-for-projects-that-support-the-education-and-development-of-children-and-young-people>. Schools, colleges and community groups can apply for a small grant to BlueSpark Foundation to support the education and development of children and young people through educational, cultural, sporting and other projects.
Please contact me if you have any sport and physical activity grant news or funding related stories you would like to share.
Click here<https://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/funding-news> for all these funding news items and many more.
I would be grateful if you would forward this email to anyone who might be interested in any of these funding opportunities.
Funding Development Officer
2 Godkin House, Park Road, Ripley, Derbyshire DE5 3EF For Grant Funding News – Click Here<http://www.activederbyshire.org.uk/funding-news>